Questions Telehealth is available for patients that have a non-emergency condition. This convenient service gives patients access to medical experts without having to come inside a healthcare facility.
• See a provider from your mobile device or computer in the ease of your own home
• Easy and quick access to quality healthcare
• Providers can diagnose, treat and prescribe medication for many routine medical issues
• No travel required
• No need to take time off work
• No waiting room
• Diabetes management
• Anxiety/Depression and other mental health concerns
• Colds and Flu
• Bronchitis and Respiratory Conditions
• Headaches, Migraines and Stomach Aches
• Sinus Problems and Nasal Congestion
• Urinary Tract Infection
• Pediatric care
• Pink Eye
• Prescription refills when deemed appropriate by a provider
Telehealth is where technology meets healthcare. This new service allows for you to see a provider using a computer and/or mobile device from the privacy of your home or at the Whirling Thunder Wellness Center office.
Healthcare staff will determine if your visit can be done as a virtual Telehealth appointment. If you are eligible, a date and time will be scheduled at the earliest convenience. To schedule an appointment, call (402) 878-2231, Monday-Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.
Healthcare staff will contact you prior to your appointment to confirm your appointment time and provide further instructions.
A provider will text or email a link to join the appointment. Log in at 10 minutes before your scheduled Telehealth appointment. Be prepared with any questions you may have for your provider.
• Write down your questions
• Make a list of your symptoms
• Note when your symptoms started and if they have changed
• Be ready to verify your identity
• Have a quiet, private place to talk with your provider
• Consider trying a “visit” with someone else using the same device and
location for your telehealth visit to assure everything is working properly.
• Be ready and able to join your virtual appointment when it is time for your scheduled visit
Contact the hospital at (402) 878-2231, Monday-Friday, 8am to 6pm to schedule a telehealth visit.
Computer, tablet or smartphone such as an iPhone, iPad, or Android device. Must have access to highspeed internet and/or strong cell tower reception.
No. Telehealth is provided through an audio-video conferencing platform and can be done using any smart phone or a computer device.
Telehealth is a safe and an effective way to extend the delivery of healthcare. It may not be appropriate for ALL clinical situations and a healthcare professional can help you determine if telehealth is appropriate.
Yes, the provider can prescribe medications from a Telehealth visit. However, certain circumstances may prevent a provider from prescribing medication without conducting further patient testing. The provider is also able to order lab work and other testing before or during a Telehealth visit.
A provider will text or email a link to join the appointment.
That’s ok! When you contact us for your telehealth visit, healthcare staff can answer any questions you have on the best way to utilize telehealth.